Meet Our Coaches
Executive Director, Golf
Gylton Da Matta
Executive Director, Volleyball
Executive Director, Tennis
Executive Director, Weightlifting
Executive Director, Basketball
Executive Director, Soccer
Christopher Cohen CBE,
Born: 12th August 1951 in Derby, England.
Education: University of Birmingham, School of Education 1969 to 1972.
- Commander of the British Empire (CBE), awarded in 2010 for Services to Sport.
- Gold Medal of the French Ministry of Sport and Youth awarded in 2002.
Career: Teacher of Physical Education; 1972 to 2005.
- Athlete in Triple Jump to national level.
- Coach in long jump and high jump to international level.
- National Technical Official from 1975 to present day.
- Chairman of Athletics, International Paralympic Committee 1990 to 2008.
- Member of IPC Sports Management Committee, 1992 to 2008 (Vice Chairman 2005 to 2008)
- Member of UK Athletics Council 2000 to 2010.
- Member of UK Athletics Technical Advisory Group, 2000 to present day.
- Chairman of Education Committee, UK Athletics, 2000 to 2012.
- Honorary Secretary, English Schools Athletic Association, 2013 to 2020.
- International Technical Official, European Athletics from 2003 to present day.
- International Technical Official, IAAF / World Athletics from 2007 to present day.
- Athletics Manager, London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics
- Head of Competition, London 2017 IAAF & World Para Championships.
- Competition Manager, World Indoor Championships, Birmingham 2018
- Competition Director, London 2012 Olympics and Paralympics
- Competition Director, World Athletics Championships and World Para Athletics Championships 2017
- Competition Director, World Indoor Championships, Birmingham 2018
- Competition Director, European Indoor Championships Glasgow 2019
- Competition Manager & Competition Director, World Athletics Championships, Doha 2019
- Competition Consultant & Competition Director, Tokyo Olympics 2021
- Lecturer for IAAF Level 1 and Level 2 courses in Europe
- Course designer & Lecturer for European Athletics Technical Delegates course 2018.
- Member of World Athletics Working Group on technical regulations 2019 - 2021
- Technical Delegate at six Paralympic Games and five World Para Athletics Championships.
- Technical Delegate at European Athletics Championships 2014, Zurich.
- Technical Delegate at IAAF World Under-20 Championships 2016, Bydgoszcz, Poland.
- Technical Delegate at European Under -18 Championships 2018, Gyor, Hungary
- Technical Delegate at European Under-20 Championships 2019, Bollas, Sweden.
- Technical Delegate at IAAF World Championships 2022, Eugene, USA
- Technical Delegate at Olympic Games, Paris 2024.