Do you feel the ball is faster than your wheels? You can increase you power by working on an explosive crossover step using three tools. 1) The resistance band which simulates the resistance of changing of direction on the court and trains your legs to be more explosive. 2) The hurdle which adds a vertical movement to the lateral crossover step. This trains your push off legs to exert more ...force and the air time allows a more fluid movement. 3) The medicine ball trains the timing of the ball catch which simulates the unit turn with the loading leg. The medicine ball also trains the rotational power of the core.
Carlos uses this drill with his advanced players to sharpen their lateral movement by adding these three tools to give he player the explosive power and speed needed to get to handle pace and heavy balls with ease.
51 Videos in this category:
1. HURDLES TO SUCCESS - Movements You Need To Win
2. BECOME MORE EXPLOSIVE - Med Ball Ply Combo
3. CARLOS TEIXEIRA'S PLYOMETRICS SERIES
4. Core Strengthening For Rotational Power
5. DEVELOP QUICK MOVEMENT - Change Direction & React Faster
6. Djokovic Strech Progression
7. GET A JUMP ON OPPONENTS - Advanced Skills To Own The Court
8. IMPROVE YOUR RADAR - Use Laser Training For Fast Ball Tracking
To see this video, you must log in, or be a member.  Membership options:
Free         - limited access
Yearly      - all access and features
Lifetime - all access and features, forever
SportsEdTV’s community is a place where athletes, coaches and parents can connect and share their passion for their sport. We encourage members to help each other by sharing useful information, making coaching connections, sharing training or competitive experiences, or just posting fun inspirational messages that support the journey taken by athletes of all levels in our community.